Hey everyone! I turned 35 March 26th, 2017 and I have so much to be incredibly grateful for. I have done a lot of reflecting lately and thought I would put it into words and share with you 35 things you may not know about me. Thanks to everyone that has been a part of the journey! XO – Cassy
1. I was named after my grandmother and I also named Isabella after her.
2. I grew up on the farm where we have our “Barn Sales” with my mom and grandparents. We moved there when I was 2.
3. Our farm had every animal you could think of. My favorites were our horses, Taffy, Cotton and Roo, our goats and peacocks.
4. I miss having animals on the farm.
5. My husband and I purchased the house and land next door to the farm in 2016 to be close to my grandparents and help out with the farm.
6. We have plans to add all kinds of farm animals back to the farm all in good time. I would love for my children to have a similar experience growing up as I did.
7. My grandparents that live on the farm (my moms parents) are the only grandparents I know.
8. I’ve never met my father. The closet I’ve ever had to a father is my grandfather.
9. Zach and I have been together for a little over 6 years.
10. Zach and I are both from Grove City & went to the same high school within the same time frame but never crossed paths until well after high school in 2011.
11. Zach and I met at Grove City Lanes thanks to my friend Kristen 🙂
12. I graduated from Grove City High School in 2000. Barely. I loved the social aspect of school, but not so much the studies.
13. During high school I worked part time for a mom and pop home decor and gift shop in town.
14. I continued to work for that same home decor and gift shop after high school for 15 years. There I was lucky enough to receive a wonderful education on life and business from a lady who has had a huge impact on my life and is like a mom to me. I am grateful she took me under her wing.
15. I hope to someday help a young lost soul the way that she did for me.
16. I moved out on my own when I was 19 to my very own townhouse apartment in town.
17. I was married for the first time at the age of 25 and was divorced by 28.
18. My ex husband passed from his cystic fibrosis in 2015.
19. Being married the first time taught me so much about life and how precious it really is, what I wanted out of life and what I didn’t.
20. I am not the same person now that I was at 25.
21. I quit my job of 15 years at the age of 29 to pursue my Zassy dream full time.
22. I found out I was pregnant 2 months after quitting my job for the first time. Zach and I were super excited.
23. “Zassy’s” is a combination of my husbands name “Zach” and my name “Cassy”. Thanks Chris!
24. My first pregnancy (unexpected) was at 30 years of age. Zach and I were so excited. I found out I was pregnant with twins! Very unexpected! Twins do run in my family, but not since my grandfathers parents back in the 50’s. I was the first to be expecting twins out of 100’s of family members since my great grandmother. My grandfather is 1 of 18 children.
25. I lost one of my twin girls (stillborn) at 34.5 weeks after having a very healthy pregnancy. This was very unexpected. Isabella (surviving twin) was delivered early and in the NICU for 10 days. She is now 4 years old and a little spit fire <3
26. My son Grayson is 13 months old and is named after my grandfather.
27. Zach and I are currently expecting our 3rd child together March 29th, 2017 <3
28. I lost my mom October 2015 (while pregnant with my son Grayson) very suddenly to Pancreatic Cancer. Diagnosed one day and gone 2 weeks later. She was only 52 years old. My son was born a few months later the day after what would have been her 53rd birthday.
29. My husbands mom lives in a nursing home full time due to MS.
30. My husband has also never met his father. He also was raised and lived with his mom and grandparents. He lost the only grandparents he ever knew in 2006. They past 9 days apart in the hospital.
31. Many of these life experiences have made me stronger, thick skinned, but they have also made me see the beauty in this short precious life.
32. I am probably considered a workaholic, but to me it doesn’t feel like work 100% of the time. I am extremely passionate about what I do and what I want out of life.
33. I have never taken out a loan for Zassy’s. I worked 2-3 jobs and saved to follow my heart and dreams.
34. When I am not working or spending time with my family, I love hosting gatherings with my friends or meeting up on a patio on a beautiful Spring/ Summer or Fall evening for a cocktail or two. A Sunday Funday on the creek kayaking with friends is one of my favorite summer activities.
35. I do not put energy into people that exude poison. We all have experienced these people or are currently experiencing them. Life is far too short. My advice is to detox from these people.
I could’t be more grateful for the people in my life and for the life that my husband and I have created together. With Faith, a positive attitude, a little elbow grease and God, all things are possible. Thank you for letting me share! XO – Cassy